Updated at 8:53 p.m. ET Prosecutors in Paul Manafort's bank and tax fraud trial did not rest their case on Friday as had been expected earlier. Instead, they called a witness to the stand who highlighted the sometimes murky line for Manafort between the personal and the political, and they said they expected to call one or two more witnesses on Monday before resting then. The ninth day of Manafort's fraud trial began with an unexplained five-hour delay. During much of that time, Judge T.S....
News & Views Connection
700,000 minutes per year. That’s how much time the Arkansas Children’s Clinic in Jonesboro estimates parents spend traveling to Little Rock for treatment. Husband and wife Chris and Kim Fowler felt that was too much time, so they gave the clinic $750,000 to buy the current building the clinic’s been leasing since 2012.
Music & Arts Connection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEEPN33CjrA There's a myth about self reflection: that it leads to self-love; that gaining an understanding of ourselves always brings peace. Perhaps that's true in the long term. But sometimes when we go looking for ourselves, we don't always like what we find. Maryn Jones, who releases music under the name Yowler, didn't intentionally seek out these kinds of lessons after releasing her album The Offer in 2015. They came anyway. A few years spent touring with...
#Trending on KASU.org
Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism Travel Writer Kim Williams talks about the following events happening in Arkansas during the weekend of August 10!
- Arkansas Attorney General's Departure From State Agency Subject Of Democratic Party Lawsuit
- Breast Milk, Elusive For Some New Moms, The Focus Of Facebook Groups, Sales Sites
- On The Internet, Breast Milk A Free-Market Answer To Oversupply And Demand, For Moms And Men
- Breast Milk Sharing An Alternative To Infant Formula, Online Answer For Breastfeeding Fail
- Arkansas Farmers Welcome Aid But Seek Return To Regular Trade
- For Wisconsin's Dairy Farmers, Tariffs Could Reshape The Race For The Senate
- Engaging African-American Voters In Wisconsin
- Politics Roundup: Charlottesville And Trump
- Election Security Becomes A Political Issue In Georgia Governor's Race
- Gov. David Ige, Ed Case, Tulsi Gabbard Take Wins In Hawaii Democratic Primary
As Heard on Morning Edition
#Trending on NPR.org
When I was a high school junior in New Orleans taking AP American history, my teacher assigned us a paperback book. Slim in contrast to our hulking required textbook, it was a funny, compelling, even shocking read. Lies My Teacher Told Me , by James Loewen, explained how history textbooks got the story of America wrong, usually by soft-pedaling, oversimplifying and burying the thorny drama and uncertainties of the past under a blanket of dull, voice-of-God narration. The book also taught a...