Committee appointed to spearhead the future Jonesboro indoor sports complex
The Jonesboro Advertising and Promotions Commission has assembled a steering committee in charge of planning a new indoor sports complex.
The Jonesboro Sun reports that commissioners on December 15 appointed Kevin Hodges, St. Bernards Healthcare Senior Vice President for Administrative Services, to chair the committee. Former Jonesboro High School athletic director and coach David Daniel will serve as the committee's vice chair.
Other members on the committee are:
- Katie Hill, A-State Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Dr. Shawn Drake, A-State Physical Therapy Department Chair
- Jamar Andrews, Word Baptist Church lead pastor
- Aaron Bell, First Security Bank Vice President
- Jim Ellis, Jonesboro Schools
- Kerry Summitt, volunteer coach
- W. Johnston Row, Jr., Dentist
The A&P commission are behind the so called "Hamburger Tax", an ordinance that was passed in November that levies a 2% tax on prepared foods. Revenue from the tax, which will go into effect at the beginning of 2022, will go toward constructing the sports complex.