Governor Hutchinson Creates Commission For Post COVID-19 Peak
LITTLE ROCK – Governor Asa Hutchinson today announced the formation of the Governor’s Medical Advisory Committee for Post-Peak COVID-19 Response. The committee, established by Executive Order 20-17, will identify the criteria to guide public health strategy after Arkansas reaches the peak of COVID-19 cases.
The committee will examine testing capabilities and social distancing protocols and make any recommendations necessary to avoid a resurgence of COVID-19. Dr. Nathaniel Smith, secretary of the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH), will serve as the committee chairman.
Members of the Governor’s Medical Advisory Committee for Post-Peak COVID-19 Response are:
- Dr. Nathaniel Smith – Secretary of ADH (Chair)
- Dr. Jose Romero – ADH Chief Medical Officer and Chief of Pediatric Infectious Disease at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS)/Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Naveen Patil – ADH Medical Director for Infectious Disease
- Dr. Jennifer Dillaha – ADH State Epidemiologist
- Dr. Austin Porter – ADH Deputy Chief Science Officer and Assistant Professor at the UAMS College of Public Health
- Dr. Greg Bledsoe – Surgeon General of Arkansas
- Dr. Jerrilyn Jones – ADH Medical Director for Preparedness and Response and Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at UAMS
- Dr. Sam Greenfield – ADH Medical Director for Family Health and Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UAMS
The committee will provide its first briefing to the Governor later this week.Read Executive Order 20-17 HERE.