Jonesboro E911 to shut down temporarily to work on operation plans
Jonesboro E911 says they will shut down temporarily at midnight (Wednesday) to work on their emergency operations plan.
E911 Director Jeff Presley sent the notice at 6:51 A.M. on Tuesday. He says during the planned outage, they will be replacing the back-up generator system for 911 which will impact their main power system. He expects the work to take about 3 hours.
During the planned outage, Presley says:
1. All 911 calls will be transferred to Poinsett County 911. Jonesboro dispatchers will be working there to receive calls for Jonesboro & Craighead County.
2. Jonesboro E911 will have a mobile command trailer set-up to dispatch calls for service.
3. Back-up contact phones in place -870-336-7199 or 870-336-7264.
4. Two back-up cell phone lines @ 870-316-4015 & 870-680-2137
5. For Police desk SGT. call 870-935-5657