Updated Information From Jonesboro Police Concerning Tornado Cleanup
UPDATED Wednesday 4:00pm
Find an important list of updated information below:
- Food/Supplies/Donations: All Jonesboro donation centers are being consolidated to one distribution center located at Grace Baptist Church on Aggie Road near the roundabout and University Heights Elementary. This weekend, this location will be opened to the public for anyone who needs these items. If you or your business have been collecting items, please bring them to Grace Baptist Church tomorrow between 8am and 5pm.
- Construction companies: Those businesses wanting to do business in Jonesboro MUST obtain a privilege license from City Hall prior to doing ANY work in Jonesboro. These can be obtained (usually same day) at City Hall at 300 S Church. ALL COMPANY VEHICLES MUST HAVE THE YELLOW PLACARD CLEARLY VISIBLE IN EVERY VEHICLE IN THEIR FLEET. These will be obtained from City Hall as well. If a vehicle does not have this placard clearly visible on every single vehicle in their fleet, DO NOT LET THEM DO WORK FOR YOU!
- Scams: If you hire someone to do work for you in the coming weeks, know that they are REQUIRED to be able to show you their privilege license before work is performed. Get ALL information you possibly can to avoid scams - get a photo of their ID, their privilege license, phone numbers, business cards, etc. ALL COMPANY VEHICLES MUST HAVE THE YELLOW PLACARD CLEARLY VISIBLE IN EVERY VEHICLE IN THEIR FLEET. These will be obtained from City Hall to show Authorized Contractors. If a vehicle does not have this placard clearly visible on every single vehicle in their fleet, DO NOT LET THEM DO WORK FOR YOU!
- Mail: The Post Office on Race St is CLOSED to the public. USPS is still running mail but it might be delayed. USPS lost several of their mail trucks and are working hard to keep up. Temporary mail service will be set up Wednesday in the front parking lot on Race St. To check PO Boxes, you can access the Race St Post Office from Fair Park ONLY! The two other Post Offices in Jonesboro are still operational - Downtown Jonesboro and on ASU Campus.
- Roads Closed: Race St at Caraway Rd blocked off completely, Prospect Rd is closed to thru traffic
- Curfew: Curfew is in effect again tonight from 10pm-6am. JPD personnel will be in place all over town to enforce a curfew. NO ONE should be on the streets after 10pm unless they are heading to or from work.
- COVID-19: All COVID restrictions still apply. You are encouraged to STAY HOME as much as possible. Your temperature will be checked before you enter any city buildings. City playgrounds and parks are still closed except walking trails.
- Donations: Monetary Donations can be made to the American Red Cross at 870-932-3212 or to the United Way at 870-935-3658. 100% of UW donations will be kept local. If you want your Red Cross Donation to benefit Jonesboro Victims, you must make the donation in person at their Jonesboro office located at 2416 S. Madison.
- Burn Ban: There is a burn ban effective immediately in Jonesboro city limits.
- Trash/Debris: Legacy Landfill is the main drop off location for construction debris and household waste. However, they WILL NOT take waste if it has not been separated. YOU MUST SEPARATE HOUSEHOLD WASTE FROM CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS OR THEY WILL SEND YOU AWAY. There is also a fee at Legacy Landfill. There is a city ordinance that states no natural vegetation is allowed at the landfill, all yard debris and tree limbs MUST be taken to the pit at the corner of Burch and Strawfloor Rd or to the COJ Incinerator site on Dan Ave.