Team Jonesboro Sales Tax Proposal
Team Jonesboro is a grassroots organization who sent a proposal to the City Council calling for a special election for voters to approve a 1-cent sales tax.
The 12 year tax would generate revenue to go toward two categories. Half of the funds would go to support the city's first responders--police and fire departments. The other half would go toward funding new public improvement projects (quality of life). These are the stories that go into the details of the tax and what supporters and opponents have said.
The special election for the sales tax takes place on September 10.
---POLLING LOCATIONS FOR SEP 10---
Election Day 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- ASU FIRST NATIONAL BANK ARENA (LOWER RED ENTRANCE), 217 OLYMPIC DR.
- ALLEN PARK COMMUNITY CENTER, 3609 RACE ST.
- EARL BELL COMMUNITY CENTER, 1212 S. CHURCH ST.
- FOREST HOME CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE, 2403 RITTER DRIVE
- NETTLETON BAPTIST CHURCH (FORMERLY NAMED CRAIGHEAD COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS), 7001 JOHNSON AVE.
- PARKER PARK COMMUNITY CENTER, 1522 N. CHURCH ST.
- PHILADELPHIA FIRE STATION, 106 CR 307
- VALLEY VIEW CHURCH OF CHRIST, 4500 SOUTHWEST DR.
- WALNUT STREET BAPTIST CHURCH, 1910 SCENIC RD.
All Election Day locations are polling centers. Voters can select any location to cast their ballot regardless of the location of their residence.
---EARLY VOTING TOTALS---
As of 9/6 (Courtesy of Craighead Co. Clerk Kade Holliday's Office)
Jonesboro - 1,262
Lake City - 3
Total - 1,265
Total Jonesboro - 4,861
Total Lake City - 19
Overall Total - 4,880
Update with new totals Monday, polls will be open from 8am-5pm at the Jonesboro Election Annex and Lake City Courthouse.