Coronavirus vaccination events open across Northeast Arkansas
There are several opportunities across Northeast Arkansas to get the coronavirus vaccine this weekend.
The NYIT-College of Osteopathic Medicine's Delta-Care-A-Van will be in Wynne from 9 A.M. until noon on Friday, March 26, at the EACC Technology Center. The college, which is a KASU financial supporter, says registration is required by calling 870-680-8880 or by going online.
On Saturday, the McKenney Pharmacy in Piggott is conducting a "drive-thru" clinic. Reservations can be made at 870-324-5310, but walk-ins are welcome while supplies last.
That event will go from 9 A.M. to noon.
A full list of vaccination clinics across Arkansas can be found on the Arkansas Department of Health's website.
The following groups in the state are eligible to be vaccinated:
- Arkansans aged 16 to 64 with health conditions that increase their risk for severe COVID-19.
- Essential workers in:
- Information technology and communications
- Public health/human services
- Public safety
- Shelter and housing
- Transportation and logistics
- People residing in high-risk settings
- Includes those who are incarcerated or detained; those living in group homes, congregate settings, or crowded housing; and student housing such as dorms and Greek housing.
- 65 years and older
- Police, fire, other first responders
- Food and Agriculture
- People with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Essential Government
- Grocery Store/Meal Delivery
- Postal/Package Delivery Service
- Public Transit
- Houses of Worship Clergy/Faith Leaders