Alex Smith began working in radio as an intern at the National Association of Farm Broadcasters. A few years and a couple of radio jobs later, he became the assistant producer of KCUR's magazine show, KC Currents. In January 2014 he became KCUR's health reporter.
- Rural Areas Send Their Sickest Patients To The Cities, Straining Hospital Capacity
- Urban Hospitals Under Strain As Rural Coronavirus Patients Are Sent To Cities
- When False Information Goes Viral, COVID-19 Patient Groups Fight Back
- Rural Missouri Communities Struggle To Fight The Coronavirus
- Missouri Voters Approve Medicaid Expansion Despite Resistance From Republican Leaders
- Missouri To Vote On Medicaid Expansion To Uninsured Adults
- With CDC Sidelined, Some States Lose Access To Timely COVID-19 Hospital Data
- Drinking Has Surged During The Pandemic. Do You Know The Signs Of Addiction?
- Pediatricians Stand By Meds For ADHD, But Some Say Therapy Should Come First
- In Tiny Doses, An Addiction Medication Moonlights As A Treatment For Chronic Pain
- FDA Committee Recommends Approval For New Peanut Allergy Treatment
- Extreme Temperatures May Pose Risks To Some Mail-Order Meds