Ashley Lopez is a reporter forWGCUNews. A native of Miami, she graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a journalism degree.
Previously, Lopez was a reporter for Miami's NPR member station, WLRN-MiamiHerald News. Before that, she was a reporter at The Florida Independent. She also interned for Talking Points Memo in New York City andWUNCin Durham, North Carolina. She also freelances as a reporter/blogger for the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting.
Send news pitches to wgcunews at wgcu.org
- Drive-Through Voting? Texas Gets Creative In Its Scramble For Polling Places
- Texas Voters Are Caught In The Middle Of A Battle Over Mail-In Voting
- With Naturalizations On Hold, Potential New Voters Sit On Sidelines
- Texas Judge Set To Order State To Allow All Voters To Request Mail-In Ballots
- Super Tuesday Could Show Just How Blue Texas Is Turning
- For Supporters Of Abortion Access, Troubling Trends In Texas
- Texas Voting Chief Who Led Botched Voter Purge Resigns
- After Democrats Surged In 2018, Republican-Run States Eye New Curbs On Voting
- Texas Officials Begin Walking Back Allegations About Noncitizen Voters
- Ahead Of The 2018 Election, Texas AG Ramps Up Voter Fraud Prosecutions
- The Biggest Hurdle For Beto O'Rourke In Texas Is Turning Out Latino Voters
- Local Officials Call Federal Election Funds 'A 10-Cent Solution To A $25 Problem'