Cardiff Garcia is a co-host of NPR's The Indicator from Planet Moneypodcast, along with Stacey Vanek Smith. He joined NPR in November 2017.
Previously, Garcia was the U.S. editor of FT Alphaville, the flagship economics and finance blog of the Financial Times, where for seven years he wrote and edited stories about the U.S. economy and financial markets. He was also the founder and host of FT Alphachat, the Financial Times' award-winning business and economics podcast.
As a guest commentator, he has regularly appeared on media outlets such as Marketplace Radio, WNYC, CNBC, Yahoo Finance, the BBC, and others.
- 'Reclaimers' Broke Into Empty Houses And Got To Stay — But Others Haven't Since
- For Some Restaurants, Closing Can Be Just As Stressful As Staying Open
- The Economy Aboard The International Space Station
- Planet Money: Entrepreneurship Is On The Rise Despite Pandemic
- INTERPOL Warns People About Counterfeit Coronavirus Vaccines
- How Shipping Shortfalls Are Affecting Small Businesses
- Thanksgiving Dinners Are The Cheapest They've Been In Decades
- Planet Money: The Lemon Plays A Critical Role In The Mafia's Creation
- Public Health Officials Face A Need To Market Coronavirus Vaccination
- Broadway Artists Push For Legislation To Support Industry In The Pandemic
- How More Women Than Men Are Being Impacted By The Recession
- What Will Happen To Commercial Real Estate As More People Work From Home?