Dave Davies is a guest host for NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
In addition to his role at Fresh Air, Davies is a senior reporter for WHYY in Philadelphia. Prior to WHYY, he spent 19 years as a reporter and columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News, covering government and politics.
Before joining the Daily News in 1990, Davies was city hall bureau chief for KYW News Radio, Philadelphia's commercial all-news station. From 1982 to 1986, Davies was a reporter for WHYY covering local issues and filing reports for NPR. He also edited a community newspaper in Philadelphia and has worked as a teacher, a cab driver and a welder.
Davies is a graduate of the University of Texas.
- 'Doctors Blackwell' Tells The Story Of 2 Pioneering Sisters Who Changed Medicine
- 'Black Radical' Traces The Life And Legacy Of Activist William Monroe Trotter
- Facial Recognition And Beyond: Journalist Ventures Inside China's 'Surveillance State'
- Cameras, Chaos And Cognac: How Bob Gruen Photographed The Spirit Of Rock 'N' Roll
- Author Tracks The Life And Liberal Legacy Of Sen. Ted Kennedy
- 'Waste' Activist Digs Into The Sanitation Crisis Affecting The Rural Poor
- The GOP's Post-Trump Identity Crisis: What's Next For The Republican Party?
- Author Details 'Living With Death' In Her 20s And Scrambling For Life-Saving Care
- Denial And Lies Are 'Almost An Intrinsic Part Of An Epidemic,' Doctor Says
- Marcus Samuelsson: Erasing Black Culinary History Ignores 'The Soul Of American Food'
- Unfettered Free Speech Is A Threat To Democracy, Journalist Says
- John Brown And Abraham Lincoln: Divergent Paths In The Fight To End Slavery