Dave Davies is a guest host for NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
In addition to his role at Fresh Air, Davies is a senior reporter for WHYY in Philadelphia. Prior to WHYY, he spent 19 years as a reporter and columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News, covering government and politics.
Before joining the Daily News in 1990, Davies was city hall bureau chief for KYW News Radio, Philadelphia's commercial all-news station. From 1982 to 1986, Davies was a reporter for WHYY covering local issues and filing reports for NPR. He also edited a community newspaper in Philadelphia and has worked as a teacher, a cab driver and a welder.
Davies is a graduate of the University of Texas.
- Trees Talk To Each Other. 'Mother Tree' Ecologist Hears Lessons For People, Too
- Cheap, Legal And Everywhere: How Food Companies Get Us 'Hooked' On Junk
- Psychologist Examines What A 'Rapid Evolution' In Policing Might Look Like
- Author Gives Advice For Young Adults And Reflects On Growing Up Black In A White World
- Louise Erdrich On Her Personal Connection To Native Peoples' 'Fight For Survival'
- 'Law & Order' Actor Found Something 'Larger' Than Himself On 'SVU'
- New Guaranteed Income For Families With Children Is 'Stunning,' Poverty Expert Says
- Journalist Investigates Amazon Warehouse Life And The Pitfalls Of 'One-Click America'
- Naturalist Traces The 'Astounding' Flyways Of Migratory Birds
- 'Hiding In Plain Sight' Corrects The Record On Lady Bird Johnson
- The Age Of Automation Is Now: Here's How To 'Futureproof' Yourself
- 'Unorthodox' Author Chronicles A 'Scandalous Rejection' Of Hasidic Life