Domenico Montanaro is NPR's senior political editor/correspondent. Based in Washington, D.C., his work appears on air and online delivering analysis of the political climate in Washington and campaigns. He also helps edit political coverage.
Montanaro joined NPR in 2015 and oversaw coverage of the 2016 presidential campaign, including for broadcast and digital.
Before joining NPR, Montanaro served as political director and senior producer for politics and law at PBS NewsHour. There, he led domestic political and legal coverage, which included the 2014 midterm elections, the Supreme Court, and the unrest in Ferguson, Mo.
Prior to PBS NewsHour, Montanaro was deputy political editor at NBC News, where he covered two presidential elections and reported and edited for the network's political blog, "First Read." He has also worked at CBS News, ABC News, The Asbury Park Press in New Jersey, and taught high school English.
Montanaro earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of Delaware and a master's degree in journalism from Columbia University.
A native of Queens, N.Y., Montanaro is a life-long Mets fan and college basketball junkie.
- Where Views On Race And Police Stand A Year After George Floyd's Murder
- Inflation, Gas Shortage Highlight Peril That Could Threaten Biden's Agenda
- Why Facebook's Decision On Trump Could Be 'Make Or Break' For His Political Future
- Biden Is Optimistic U.S. Can Move Past Pandemic, Economic Crisis, Insurrection
- 100 Days: How Biden Has Fared So Far On His Promises
- Biden Claims GOP Voters Support His Infrastructure Plan; Poll Shows They Don't
- MLB's Move Out Of Georgia Is The Latest In A Line Of Political Boycotts
- Biden's Early Legislation Decisions Win Praise From Strategists
- With His Legacy In Mind, Biden Seeks U.S. Transformation With Infrastructure Plan
- Biden Unveils What He Calls A 'Once-In-A-Generation' Infrastructure Proposal
- NPR/Marist Poll: Biden Gets High Marks On COVID-19. It's Not The Case On Immigration
- 200 Million Shots In 100 Days: Biden Issues New Vaccination Goal