Glen Weldon is a regular panelist on NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast. He reviews books, movies, comics, and more for the NPR Arts Desk.
Over the course of his career, he has spent time as a theater critic, a science writer, an oral historian, a writing teacher, a bookstore clerk, a PR flack, a completely inept marine biologist, and a slightly better-ept competitive swimmer.
Weldon is the author of two cultural histories: Superman: The Unauthorized Biography, and The Caped Crusade: Batman and the Rise of Nerd Culture. He has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Republic, The Atlantic, Slate, McSweeney's, and more; his fiction has appeared in several anthologies and other publications. He is the recipient of an NEA Arts Journalism Fellowship, an Amtrak Writers' Residency, a Ragdale Writing Fellowship, and a Pew Fellowship in the Arts for Fiction.
- 'Kipo And The Age Of Wonderbeasts' Returns, Weirder And Warmer Than Ever
- Short Attention Span Theater: A Quick Look At Quibi's Launch Titles
- 'The Rise Of Skywalker' Makes For An Exciting, Exhaustive, Effortful Ending
- NPR's Fall TV Preview: 19 Shows To Watch Out For
- In The Brisk Horror-Comedy 'Ready Or Not,' Bluebloods Are Out For Blood
- 'The Lion King' Had The Perfect Villain Song. This Time, 'Be Prepared' For Less
- 'Game Of Thrones' Finale, Season 8, Episode 6: 'No One Is Very Happy'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 8, Episode 5: 'Let It Be Fear'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 8, Episode 4: 'Vomiting Is Not Celebrating'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 8, Episode 2: 'Think Back To Where We Started'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 8, Episode 1: 'Nothing Lasts'
- Which Characters Will Lose The 'Game Of Thrones?': A Chronicle Of Many Deaths Foretold