James Doubek is an associate editor and reporter for NPR. He frequently covers breaking news for NPR.org and NPR's hourly newscast. In 2018, he reported feature stories for NPR's business desk on topics including electric scooters, cryptocurrency, and small business owners who lost out when Amazon made a deal with Apple.
In the fall of that year, Doubek was selected for NPR's internal enrichment rotation to work as an audio producer for Weekend Edition. He spent two months pitching, producing, and editing interviews and pieces for broadcast.
As an associate producer for NPR's digital content team, Doubek edits online stories and manages NPR's website and social media presence.
He got his start at NPR as an intern at the Washington Desk, where he made frequent trips to the Supreme Court and reported on political campaigns.
- Stolen Beehives Devastate French Beekeepers
- Opioid Crisis: Filmmaker Details The Medical System's 'Crime Of The Century'
- U.K. Elections: Conservatives Make Gains; Pro-Independence Parties Win In Scotland
- Andrew Brown Jr. Family Lawyers Say Video Shows An 'Execution'
- Masks Remain Extremely Effective Indoors, But Are They Necessary Outside?
- Crowds Erupt In Cheers In Minneapolis After Guilty Verdict
- The Incredible Shrinking And Growing Brains Of Indian Jumping Ants
- Pitcher Hope Trautwein Throws A Perfect Game Of All Strikeouts
- John Boehner On The 'Noisemakers' Of The Republican Party
- Biden Envoy To Iran On What To Expect In Renewed Nuclear Talks
- Through Decades Of Addiction, Hunter Biden Says His Family Never Gave Up On Him
- How Detroit Chefs Are Feeding Those In Need