Martin Austermuhle is a reporter in WAMU’s newsroom. He covers politics, development, education, social issues, and crime, among other things. Austermuhle joined the WAMU staff in April 2013 as a web producer and reporter. Prior to that, he served as editor-in-chief for DCist.com. He has written for the Washington City Paper, Washington Diplomat and other publications.
Born in Switzerland, Austermuhle lived throughout Latin America before coming to the U.S. to attend Pennsylvania State University. He received a master’s degree in Latin American Studies from Georgetown University. He lives in the Washington neighborhood of Michigan Park with his wife Carolina, a school teacher, and their two daughters.
- D.C. Metro Police Describe Being First Responders To Insurrection At The Capitol
- You Can Get A Master's In Medical Cannabis In Maryland
- D.C. Un-United: Amazon's Second HQ Pits City Vs. Its Suburbs
- Congress Moves To Overturn D.C. 'Death With Dignity Law'
- Washington, D.C., Council Proposal Sets New Standard On Paid Family Leave
- Voters Said Yes, But D.C. And Congress Continue To Spar Over Pot