Peggy Lowejoined Harvest Public Media in 2011, returning to the Midwest after 22 years as a journalist in Denver and Southern California. Most recently she was at The Orange County Register, where she was a multimedia producer and writer. In Denver she worked for The Associated Press, The Denver Post and the late, great Rocky Mountain News. She was on the Denver Post team that won the Pulitzer Prize for breaking news coverage of Columbine. Peggy was a Knight-Wallace Fellow at the University of Michigan in 2008-09. She is from O'Neill, the Irish Capital of Nebraska, and now lives in Kansas City. Based at KCUR, Peggy is the analyst for The Harvest Network and often reports for Harvest Public Media.
- Nursing Homes Hit Hard As Virus Claims Thousands Of Lives Across U.S.
- Tyson Foods Promises Better Conditions And Safety For Meat Workers
- Working 'The Chain,' Slaughterhouse Workers Face Lifelong Injuries
- OSHA Injury Reporting Rule Sheds Light On Meat Packing Accidents
- Senators Reach Deal On National GMO Labeling Bill
- Action On A National GMO Labeling Measure Heats Up On Capitol Hill
- Green Bean Casserole: The Thanksgiving Staple We Love — Or Loathe
- 'GMO-Free' Is A Boon For Companies Chasing 'Health Halo' Profits
- For Bakers And Restaurants, Egg Supply Is Getting Ugly
- Avian Flu Outbreak Has U.S. Bakers Begging For Europe's Eggs
- Everything But The Squeal: How The Hog Industry Cuts Food Waste
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms