Victoria Hansen is our Lowcountry connection covering the Charleston community, a city she knows well. She grew up in newspaper newsrooms and has worked as a broadcast journalist for more than 20 years. Her first reporting job brought her to Charleston where she covered local and national stories like the Susan Smith murder trial and the arrival of the Citadel’s first female cadet.
An opportunity to anchor the news for an ABC affiliate took her to Nashville, Tennessee. But summer vacations were always spent in Charleston. She moved back in 2006 to the city she calls home to anchor and report again at the tv station where she began.
Victoria has volunteered and served as a spokesperson for numerous nonprofits. She has been honored with multiple Emmys as well as a Community Service Award from the South Carolina Broadcasters Association. It is her passion for community service that brings her to South Carolina Public Radio.
- In South Carolina, Longtime GOP Senator Faces Strong Challenge From A Democrat
- How South Carolina's Rural Communities Are Trying To Survive The Pandemic
- South Carolina Sheriff's Candidate: I Wore Blackface 10 Years Ago
- Retailers Plan To Clear Deadly Paint Removers From Shelves, As EPA Delays Ban
- FBI To Start Using A 2nd Database For Gun Background Checks
- South Carolina Police Officer Sentenced For Shooting An Unarmed Black Man
- South Carolina Police Officer Faces Sentencing In 2015 Shooting