Karen Tricot Steward
As Content Development Director, Karen Tricot Steward oversees the creation of news and cultural programming and helps set standards and best practices. She manages content on our website and social media. Karen also coordinates the internship program and collaborates with journalism professors at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock to teach students, helping fulfill public radio’s goal of serving the community by being a place of learning.
She started at KUAR in 2001 as a news reporter. She has also served as local host and news anchor for Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
For her news reporting, she has received several awards from the Arkansas Associated Press for stories on topics like the Little Rock mayoral race and Iraq War veterans in Arkansas. She also won a first place award from the Society of Professional Journalists for investigative reporting. Karen has a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- Work Requirement Deadline Arrives For Arkansas Works Enrollees
- Electing Judges In Arkansas: It Wasn't Always This Way
- Physician's Opioid Prescribing Habits, Behavior Raise Doubt Over Standards For Arkansas Doctors
- Iconic Razorback Coach And Athletic Director Frank Broyles Dies At 92
- Arkansas Executes 4th Inmate In 8 Days
- Arkansas Conducts First Execution In Over A Decade After U.S. Supreme Court Decision
- Governor Hutchinson Confident Arkansas Executions Should Proceed
- Governor To Discuss Executions With Reporters Amid Legal Action
- Multiple Double Executions Set In Arkansas While Other States Ban Back-To-Back Killings
- Difficulty Obtaining Better Execution Drug Leaves Arkansas Relying On Controversial Sedative
- Marshall Project: Tracking Arkansas Death Row Inmates Set To Die Next Month
- U.S. Rep. Womack: Time For Online Sales Tax To Be Enforced, Arkansas Losing Out Big Time