Milo Miles is Fresh Air's world-music and American-roots music critic. He is a former music editor of The Boston Phoenix.
Miles is a contributing writer for Rolling Stone magazine, and he also writes about music for The Village Voice and The New York Times.
- The Kronos Quartet Explodes Its Range On Two New Collaborations
- 'Afrobeats' Offers A Sensual Blend Of Electronics, Vocals And Rhythms
- 'Synthesize The Soul' Offers A Perfectly Paced Dance Party
- Sxip Shirey's 'Bottle of Whiskey' Is A 21st-Century Music Creation
- New Album Offers A Varied Introduction To 'Queen of Gospel' Mahalia Jackson
- 'King of Highlife Anthology' Finally Does Justice To African Bandleader Mensah
- Bossacucanova's 'Best Of' Album Pulses With Lovely, Lively Music
- Naftule's Dream Returns, With A Fleshy, Folkie New Album
- Musicians Pay Tribute To Blind Willie Johnson On 'God Don't Never Change'
- Roman Diaz Makes A Spiritual Statement With 'L'ó Dá Fún Bàtá'
- Lizzo Brings Ideas, Humor And Sass To 'Big Grrrl Small World'
- Unadulterated Brass-Band Fun On Banda De Los Muertos' Debut Album